Pauper: Properly Unique Infodrome Announcements

EcoReset: Rules & Information
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: GemuEcoReset: Rules & Information
[Image: logo.png]
Economy Reset - Rules & Information

"Hey, how the heck are there rules for an economy reset!? What are you doing Gemu!? What are you, crazy!?"
Hold on, hold on. Let's get some information out before we bite my head off please Big Grin 

The economy reset has been pretty much deemed a necessity by the community for quite a while now. As I am now making it official, let me get some rules and information regarding this reset out of the way. The rules that may have some of you worried isn't anything bad, it'll likely actually help you! So, let's hop to it and check out what these rules are anyways!

Rules

#1: Which Item?
So... For those of you reading this, you will get to keep one item on your account. If you own an Ironman account, you can keep one item on that as well. The guidelines behind this are:
  • You must post your IGN & the item desired on this thread.
  • You cannot keep multiple items. Only one item per-person. Two if they own an Ironman, but only one for each character.
  • Attempting to trick Gemu into giving you extra items in any way, shape, or form will result in your ineligibility of keeping any items.

#2: Registration
The "registration" part to these rules is the final one. I'm not asking you to register for anything, unless you're not already a registered member of the forums. All participating players must post what they want and for which character on this thread. You cannot PM me, you cannot ask about it in-game, you cannot message me on Discord. It must be on this thread. The parameters are as follows:
  • You must post your character name in this thread.
  • You must post which item you want on that character.
  • If you own an Ironman account, you must specify that account as an Ironman.
  • If you are making requests for your character and Ironman alike, they do not have to be in the same post.

Information

Timeline
There is no current timeline for the economy reset. You do not have any "specified date" in which you need to post your information. I will alert the community when there are at least two weeks of beta remaining. As long as beta phase is going, you are still eligible to post your information.

Strictness
Come on, I wouldn't say I'm being 'strict' about this Sad The reason I am requiring a lot of details & information from you all is because I do not plan on giving the items requested for each character manually. I am going to add checks during the economy reset. So, this system will check if your criteria meets the given parameters for the items you have requested.

For example: Charles is a player who's requested he keep is dragon claws. During the economy reset, the system I created will (before deleting any items) check if the player's name is Charles. If not, it'll delete everything. However, if his name is Charles, then it will check if this player has dragon claws equipped, in his bank, or in his inventory. If so, it will skip over this item. If not, it'll continue to delete everything.

Ending Beta
Two weeks before the Beta Phase ends, I will release a shop that has all the great items in it. I'm talking dragon claws, battle-mage, Nex sets; the whole nine yards. On top of this, I will allow the use of the "master" command for every & all players so they can get all their skills maxed out. Why would I do this? Because it's great for testing! If players can just go and do every & anything they want due to their levels and gear, it will very much help with the testing of content that players struggled with during the entirety of Beta because of the toughness this server has to offer. This was actually suggested by Whiterun, and I agree with him wholeheartedly on that aspect, as rare as that may be.
Angel 

Thanks for reading! If any of you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask in the comments below. Matter of fact, I greatly encourage it. If you are reading this thread, then you've likely been apart of our community. If you've been apart of our community, then you understand I take community-input quite seriously. So when I say "please do not hesitate", you can safely assume I genuinely mean that Smile
First of all, I really like these threads you make :3 and second off!!

My character name is Beth and I would like to keep my red h'ween. I'll post my Ironlady once I have gotten her better stuffs :p
IGN - Dream
Item - Spectrual Spirit Shield.
IGN - Kush smoke
Item - Armadyl Godsword
IGN: Gemu
Item: Santa costume top

Once the economy is about to be reset, you need to make sure that the item(s) you specified are on that account. Once the economy is reset, I will not spawn any additional items for any reason. So, if you don't double check if your dragon claws are on your account, they will be deleted and you will not have them returned.
IGN: A_Reckoning (Chaucer)
Item to Keep: my cash, please. Smile
(11-30-2018, 12:52 AM)Chaucer Wrote: IGN: A_Reckoning (Chaucer)
Item to Keep: my cash, please.  Smile

No can do! You are restricted to one of any item. A cash stack is not applicable as a single item, but a single gold coin would be allowed.
figured! 

I think in that case I'll have to keep my Bando's chest plate, please. :]
I've just got a few queries and concerns in regards to what is currently going to happen when the reset occurs listed below:
  • Will this be a 'full' economy cleanse? (Noticed the note of enabling ::master on accounts to finalise the beta testing phase), so will levels and points obtained be cleared as well?
  • Is there an estimated date that this will occur? As an Ironman account I am pre-planning each step I take to account for the reset to avoid wasting time stocking up on supplies.
  • Is it trade-able items exclusively that will be cleared or will untradables also be removed? (Just as a basic sense as to what item to request in this scenario).
  • Assuming that the economy being cleared was down to too many items flowing into the economy before the final release, are there measures in place to ensure that another reset won't be required once the player base returns?
As for a requested item to keep:

In-Game Name (Ironman): Vintage.
Requested Item: Chaotic Rapier.
"Eventually, all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know that everything happens for a reason" - Albert Schweitzer 
(01-02-2019, 09:21 AM)Vintage Wrote:
I've just got a few queries and concerns in regards to what is currently going to happen when the reset occurs listed below:
  • Will this be a 'full' economy cleanse? (Noticed the note of enabling ::master on accounts to finalise the beta testing phase), so will levels and points obtained be cleared as well?
  • Is there an estimated date that this will occur? As an Ironman account I am pre-planning each step I take to account for the reset to avoid wasting time stocking up on supplies.
  • Is it trade-able items exclusively that will be cleared or will untradables also be removed? (Just as a basic sense as to what item to request in this scenario).
  • Assuming that the economy being cleared was down to too many items flowing into the economy before the final release, are there measures in place to ensure that another reset won't be required once the player base returns?
As for a requested item to keep:

In-Game Name: Vintage.
Requested Item: Agile Top.

Hey there, thanks for your questions Smile
  • No, this will not be an entire reset. All player levels will remain, and most points will be removed. Pre-enabling the use of commands and handing out items, I will make a backup folder of all game accounts. Those are the accounts going to be effected by the reset, and the remainders will be discarded. The points that will not be removed are PKP and voting points.
  • No, I've stopped estimating dates. I've learned I am not too good at that. I assume, however, you do have some time to get a lot of things done Smile
  • Quest items specifically will not be removed. Other untradeable items, such as skill capes, will be deleted.
  • The economy is being reset to allow competition once the server is officially released. The community had voted towards the economy being reset. There are by no means too many items in the game at all. There are a few things in the server that are abusive to it, but it's nothing extremely major that would do serious damage.