Poll: Do You Support This Suggestion
This poll is closed.
I Support This
50.00%
1 50.00%
I Do Not Support This
0%
0 0%
I Support Some Parts Of This (Please Comment Below)
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: VintageSkill Cape Perks
In-Game Name: Vintage.

What Are You Suggesting: The implementation of perks to Skill Capes in-game.

Who/What Does This Benefit: It benefits players who have spent their time and money to train a skill. Not only does this offer them an additional benefit to gaining level 99 in the skill, it pushes an incentive onto players who would not regularly skill to try and achieve these capes. 

Any Additional Information: Here's where the bulk of the suggestion will take place.

[Image: latest?cb=20151203155822]

As it currently stands, obtaining a Skill Cape can be quite a task. The difficulty and dedication required to obtain level 99 increases depending not only on the skill, but the experience rate played. Once skills have been completed, the majority of the time the cape will be banked and rarely used due to better alternatives available; devaluing their usage time.

Both Old School RuneScape and the Evolution of Combat offer perks to Skill Capes to give them more usage. But as already pointed out, some of these are rather overpowered; the Max Cape in particular. Alongside the addition of these perks, I am also offering some alternatives for consideration to replace these overpowered versions and control their usage.

Note: The Skill Cape perks for each individual game can be found above hyperlinked. Some of these perks will also be similar to the ones found in the original game.

Skill Cape Perks:

[Image: 18?cb=20120122221423] Offers 50% reduced drain rate of run energy whilst worn.

[Image: 21?cb=20181022021633] Grants an increase to the players Accuracy when worn. Also unlocks free-use access to the Warriors Guild Cyclops.

[Image: 21?cb=20160127034609]  Allows the player unlimited teleports to their PoH and a 5% chance to build furniture without using materials.

[Image: 21?cb=20120122193807] Grants x2 Constitution restore rate when worn (Does not stack with Regen Bracelet or Rapid Restore prayers). Also acts as a Ring of Life.

[Image: 21?cb=20120122231154] Offers the player unlimited teleports to the Crafting Guild and a 50% reduced chance of crushing gems.

[Image: 17?cb=20120122233047] Offers the player unlimited teleports to the Cooking Guild and a 50% reduced chance of burning food.

[Image: 18?cb=20181022021632] Grants an increase to the players Defensive stats when worn. Also acts as a Ring of Life.

[Image: 21?cb=20160127040709] Offers the player unlimited teleports to Daemonheim alongside a 2.5% reduced price of any item in the Dungeoneering Store.

[Image: 21?cb=20181022021633] This cape automatically notes all produce harvested and acts as an unlimited fertilizer and watering source.

Final skills can be found here, my BBCode does not appear to be working if an Administrator could fix it.

https://prnt.sc/m45nsu

Community Feedback:

From the feedback currently given by the community, these alterations have been made to ensure that the items are of fair usage and not too overpowered:

Agility - Nerfed from unlimited run energy to 50% reduced drain rate or run energy.

Runecrafting - Nerfed Abyss Centre Teleport to limit the capabilities of Runecrafting and the large quantities of gold that could be made via this method.
"Eventually, all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know that everything happens for a reason" - Albert Schweitzer 
I am liking these a lot!! Gemu had already said he would add skillcape perks, but "some of them don't work well in Pauper", and I think  the suggestion is great! But I do have a few concerns, and a bit confused with some wording. Like the constitution cape, are you saying double the player's HP, or double their restoration rate? I'd be fine with doubling restoration, but double HP is a bit crazy.

Also, does invisible boost just mean like +3 of their woodcutting level and doesn't show it?

I think completionist and max capes are a bit OP.
(01-07-2019, 08:36 PM)Beth Wrote: I am liking these a lot!! Gemu had already said he would add skillcape perks, but "some of them don't work well in Pauper", and I think  the suggestion is great! But I do have a few concerns, and a bit confused with some wording. Like the constitution cape, are you saying double the player's HP, or double their restoration rate? I'd be fine with doubling restoration, but double HP is a bit crazy.

Also, does invisible boost just mean like +3 of their woodcutting level and doesn't show it?

I think completionist and max capes are a bit OP.

Thank you for the feedback! Would have to agree with Gemu that some of the OSRS perks are impractical at Pauper's current state.

In regards to the Constitution cape, it would double the restore rate of the players health but not stack with the likes of the Regen Bracelet or Rapid Restore prayers to avoid it being overpowered.

That's correct, the invisible boost is a level boost that you can't see to increase your chances of gathering resources. It could be altered to show it so that it would be 102/99 whilst worn similar to the effect that potions offer when taken.

The capes were structured dependant on the requirements needed to get them (Comp cape needs Kiln completion etc) with a few other perks that would motivate players to push towards them due to the large list of requirements (Drop rates etc). If you have any suggestions on how I can nerf these then I'd be more than happy to switch them out!
"Eventually, all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know that everything happens for a reason" - Albert Schweitzer